Thursday, August 7, 2008

Creative Writing #1

Today I felt bad because I made our exchange student from Japan eat chili padi.

August 7, Thursday
  • Creative Writing / Contextual Studies / Thesis
  • Introduction on course content and assessment criteria
  • 45 Question test on whether I abuse literature
  • 44 No, 1 Yes: Because I don't read at all
Assignment 1: Book Reading

Read Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
With reference to the ideas in the book, think about one thing that would greatly affect my life personally or as an artist if this thing were to be banned forever.
Write a 200-300 response.

Assignment 2: Song Genetic Engineering Exercise
  1. Your lyrics gene/text pool will come from the lyrics of two songs.
  2. You are now expected to write a completely new song using any combination of these lyrics. You need not use ALL the words in the two songs.
  3. You cannot change the original order of the lyrics, BUT you can change the text break of the lyric lines.
  4. The final result cannot be a song with the obvious theme of love.
  5. Rhyme scheme of new song: can be sung to the tune of Rihanna's Umbrella.
  6. Songs are: Suspended From Class by Camera Obscura and I Don't Love You by My Chemical Romance. Love song and anti love song.
Interesting.. I might actually start reading, even though Fahrenheit 451 was adapted into a film in 1966 by French New Wave director François Truffaut. But I'll do both.

Today's class was dead slow. The only interesting factor is the quirky actions from our lecturer. And the way the guys from animation art speak to her totally lack respect. Anyway I'm hoping to learn much from this class.

I'm going to KL this weekend (Friday to Monday) because there's no school on Friday, Saturday is National Day (otherwise there is After Effects class), and Monday is LASALLE's Founder's Day.

No comments: